The band is already one that has been associated with protests because of their performances and the music they had created. Their name itself is one that makes others think of a negative thing towards the band. But that did not stop the band from becoming popular as the band has gained loyal fans. Those fans had helped the band be able to produce albums that became known. There are songs that have become part of the top billboards even though it has gone hardship and controversy.
They had released albums that are enumerated as follows:
- Portrait of an American Family and Smells Like Children (1993–1995)
- Antichrist Superstar (1996–97)
- Mechanical Animals (1998–99)
- Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) (2000–01)
- The Golden Age of Grotesque and Lest We Forget (2004–06)
- Eat Me, Drink Me (2007–08)
- The High End of Low (2009–10)
- Born Villain (2011–13)
- The Pale Emperor (2014–16)
- Heaven Upside Down (2017–present)
All of the lyrics have been written by the band leader but there are also the ones that his bandmates had contributed to and those songs had even become part of their top songs.
The leader has received different influence for his music. He cited that he was first influenced by the band Kiss and he would listen to them and even imitate their acts and the way they dress.
The band has been known to include theatrical-like performances that have helped them also in making the band known. The leader has cited a much more popular figure in the music industry that has influenced him. No wonder as the band has already produced many albums and they each have their own features and characteristics.